Tuesday, April 22, 2008

More alternative brass. . .

I think I might just change my blog topic to Alternative Brass Transcriptions. . . 
I know everyone in the class has seen this video, but i think it's something that should be brought up when talking about brass transcriptions and arrangements. The group I'm talking about is the Mnozil Brass. The Mnozil Brass provide entertainment with a high quality  of brass playing. They play in all styles of music: pop, classical, jazz, etc.  We have all seen them play Bohemian Rhapsody, which is excellent by the way, but they also done a version of Peter Gun, which has some awesome sounds coming from the trombones. They have also done a whole bunch of jazz tunes, which I can't tell if they are arrangement or originals tunes. But all their music is over the top.
I think this is a group that is dedicated to entertaining the audience. From their  web site, "We play applied brass music for people from all walks of live." And I think they do a great job at it. If you want to see more of them, just type in Mnozil Brass into youtube, there are plenty of videos.

No comments: